Sunday, October 20, 2019

Kendal's Bold Essay Response

I went through something hard today and writing an essay in this way helped me get some of my anger out about what happened. I was able to not only do that, but notice a pattern in my thinking and sort some things out within my heart and mind. It was therapeutic in that way and I was grateful to do it. It inspired me to keep going and keep my head up about things. The words felt free and helped me feel more free in a way. I was able to relax after writing this bold essay. Glad I could do it. The thoughts spinning in my head were brought out of that mind tornado in a way. I felt less afraid and less filtered in my writing and I guess that adds to that free feeling I speak of. Having that safe space felt right and beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you mentioned "safe space" -- for me, writing is a way for me to process my thoughts and feel safe to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a couple of times I've been able to write boldly and it seemed to more apparent when its something hard i'm going through. I totally relate when you said that it was bring out the "mind tornado".

    ReplyDelete
  3. In an increasingly public world, this "safe space" you talk about seems like it serve as a refuge from your thoughts. I think that this space and the thoughts that are less filtered or developed generates authenticity and are genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the same thing about writing and not being afraid. It felt good and allowed certain ideas to flow onto the page.

    ReplyDelete