Monday, October 21, 2019

Dorothy Bold Writing

Bold writing has been something that I have practiced since my time as a missionary. My bold writing now, obviously, differs from what it once was but it still remains a place for me to sort my thoughts and reflect on what is truly important to me. Bold writing does not always take the same form or structure, but often it is a list of questions that I write as fast as my pen will allow. Once I have a list of about a dozen questions, I realize a consistent theme and how this pertains to what is on my mind. Some of the topics in my bold writing I would feel comfortable to share and discuss, but others are still thoughts being developed. As I did the assignment for this bold writing, I felt impressed with how writing functions as an outlet for creativity and frustration. I had multiple ideas swarming in my mind, some positive and promising, others took a more negative tone. Bold writing allows a writer to take their thoughts directly from their mind to paper, largely ignoring grammar principle and just writing, thus making it bold.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with what you are saying here. A lot of the time when we are writing something, we think of form or structure or maybe what others might think of what we are writing. This bold writing is beautiful in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed the same thing when I was writing that a lot of ideas seem to connect to each other in a consistent theme.

    ReplyDelete