Monday, October 21, 2019

Henry's Bold Essay


This was my first experience ever doing this sort of writing. Even in my own journal I never really write boldly in a way that ignores structure and themes. In the writing process, I didn’t once look back and proof read or organize my ideas. Any idea that came to my mind that I felt strongly enough about to write about, I just wrote about it for as long as I needed to. It felt surprisingly good to express concerns and ideas that have been on my mind for months and years. As I was writing I started to think about things that I realized I needed to write about. My biggest take away from this assignment is how positive I felt writing it. At the beginning I was expecting to sort of rant on paper and let a ton of stress out. As I was writing, however, I noticed I sort of put a positive spin on my ideas and seemed optimistic about the future. I saw this as an opportunity to grow and expand on feelings that I have and move forward in a hopeful way.

3 comments:

  1. I really like how the reality of your experience differed so much from your expectations, because I feel like that is what can hold us back from writing boldly is the fear of how it will effect the way we feel about the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you were able to unearth emotions and thoughts that have long been suppressed simply because are a conscious writer. It's nice to see that both writing styles are leading you to hope and conclusions, even if one sounds nicer than the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you were able to have a new experience with this and were pleasantly surprised to see your optimistic spin.

    ReplyDelete