Monday, October 28, 2019

Siera's Personal Essay Plan


REFLECT-This summer I was able to work through some things that have been weighing on for several years now, and since the beginning I knew I want to write about this life changing moment somehow.
SELECT-I think the best way for me to do this is to anchor it on to an actual physical event that was the key moment that changed everything for me. So, I am going to write about my experience in Galilee.
COMMENT- I want to imitate a form used in the story Hoiland wrote on page 87. She described how she has able to understand how her body was a temple through an experience that didn’t really seem to relate at first.
PLAN-For my personal essay I want to explore the cliché of Christ being our friend or Christ filling the holes in our heart and demonstrating a way that I came to feel and understand that. As far as a plan goes, I am going to start by really setting the scene, using lots of description. Then somewhere in that I want to have a few moments where I reflect on my past thoughts and feelings that have attributed to my perfectionist complex. Then I want to end with the climax of my experience and an only slightly didactic tie in (like Hoiland did).

3 comments:

  1. I like your plan! It's an interesting idea, taking a cliche and turning it into something unique and personal. I am excited to read your essay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a nice solid plan. How you're planning on capturing your idea seems very interesting. I am definitely looking forward to the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to see where your essay goes. I'm looking forward to your exploration of understanding how Christ is our friend, and I really hope this essay helps you gather your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete