Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Henry's Essay Plan


REFLECT: Thinking back on my writing that I have done this semester, I have noticed a theme of vulnerability with an acceptance of where I am in my faith, and how that connects with certain experiences I have had and continue to have in my life over the past few years.
SELECT: The best experience that I think is both impactful and filled with meaning for me is the hike to King’s Peak this summer I went on with my dad. I can analyze a lot that happened and having him there adds a lot of depth and meaning to the experience and the significance for me. There will also be reflection on certain experiences I have had at BYU, and growing up in Salt Lake. 
COMMENT: I want to use a lot of multiple point of views like she used on page 117. This will help show the difference in me at specific points in my journey and give ore insight into who I was and am today. I like this approach because it makes my narrative more dynamic in character.
PLAN: For my essay I want to explore the concept of progression overtime and how differently we view people/places/things/events based on where we are on our own journey of faith. I want to explore what changes we make, and specifically why we make them. I want to focus on what influences us to think certain ways, and what makes us challenge those beliefs and if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I want to get up to the line of thinking independently in our religion while still attempting to follow the churches standards and God’s commandments, and where those two might differ.


4 comments:

  1. I like the concepts in your plan. I am curious to see how you incorporate the concrete details of your King's Peak hike into the larger purpose of your essay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you've noticed a trend in themes which you're able to incorporate into your essay--your idea of time will be a great basis in portraying vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! I am excited to read it. Does any of your past writing samples, come from this story?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that using multiple viewpoints like Hoiland is an excellent way for you to get across the idea of our own journeys of faith and how we change over time. I'm interested to see what you find out.

    ReplyDelete