Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Katy's Essay Plan


REFLECT: I feel like the most effective prewriting I have done so far has been in the three scenes writing and the incorporation of quotes. I enjoyed exploring different situations and the ways in which I might explore my believe through them.
SELECT: Initially I thought I would go with my sleep paralysis episode, but I don't think that I will. I would rather focus on something that has some more concrete details. I think the situation of making cheesecake will be my main anchor.
COMMENT: I like the way that Hoiland focuses on one event in each of her writing samples, exploring, but not ever preaching. I don't think I will incorporate her writing necessarily, but I would like to imitate it. I think the form of the Impressions sections stood out to me a lot, so I might use those as a model, but lengthen them a bit.
PLAN: Mostly I want to talk about the ways in which things blend together to create something beautiful in our lives. I have never particularly enjoyed cream cheese, I don't like graham crackers, and yet I love cheesecake. I would like to explore the different ways in which things combine to form beauty, using the cheesecake as my anchor, but briefly journeying out into other ideas and then back.

4 comments:

  1. Similar to my experience, I like how you mentioned that your original idea changed after some of the exercises. I enjoyed reading your short sketch about what you're writing on, and I can't wait to see how it progresses through essay form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was kind of excited to hear about your sleep paralysis and the first vision connection at first, but I am now very intrigued to see how you take some mundane task and teach a lesson from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also excited about the sleep paralysis, but I think having more concrete details to work with will be easier. I am interested to see how you dissect your new topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome and totally original! I'm excited to read this!

    ReplyDelete