Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Kendal's Belief Sketch

December 12th 2018 the clouds of darkness and confusion passed by and left me naked with light to cover me and bring a new and fresh joy to my soul. As I looked around, I saw the leaves on the trees were more detailed and sharp. I could feel my feet in my socks in a new way that in them I appreciated warmth. Smelling the crisp winter air, everything felt as if my senses were magnified for my enjoyment. The mouthwatering Chick Fil A sandwich that I bought with my firm dollar bills  came along with the bubbles of my large Dr Pepper I drank in celebration of my new life. It had been a long couple of years in which I'd seen light, but only glimpses of it, but not in this completeness as I describe. My whole soul exclaimed with the light of that day and didn't stop. I began greeting everyone I saw with a smile and sweet words. The birds and the bees called my name and I listened with a holler back. I could feel all of my muscles in my hands, legs and feet as I moved. This is how my life is supposed to be I thought to myself.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, your descriptive imagery is really good here. I felt what you were feeling as I was reading this.

    ReplyDelete