Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Henry's Belief Sketch

I have been envisioning this moment for over ten years. I'm trying to remember specific parts of the hike but nothing really is ringing a bell. I keep looking at the top and seeing how far away it is. There's no way we make it there and back by dark. We keep stopping every couple minutes to catch our breath on the up hill stretches, and also to look around and admire the beauty we're surrounded by. My feet aren't appreciating the lack of support I've given them. The summit is so difficult I'm not even blaming my 12 year old self for giving up the first time. I'm ready to move on, though, and conquer this demon. People are passing us every five minutes, yet I don't feel that we are moving too slow. I know we're gonna get to the top eventually if I just follow dad and I am ok with taking our time. Once at the top I felt something I hadn't felt in a long, long time. I looked around and back at what I had just accomplished. I did it.

3 comments:

  1. I like this story. I'm curious how you will incorporate this into being a foundation for belief in your life. It seems to me that the sense of accomplishment is what you haven't felt in a long time, but correct me if i'm wrong. How does this experience relate to having an LDS background? Is it the family recreational activity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell this was a meaningful experience for you and that's really important. I wish I could see the beauty you were surrounded by so I could feel it more, so maybe some more seeable details would be really great. I like how you chose an experience from so long ago and it seems like you're going a great direction with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the momentum within the story being told. Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete