Saturday, October 12, 2019

Kendal's Character Sketches

Seeing the sun up ahead, she had no fear of freezing. Reaching crowded trial of trees, she noticed the sun peeking through. Light creeping slowly through the leaves, warmed her conflicted heart with ease.The bodies of the leaves full of color, perplexed her mind like thunder.Thunder of the storm she was facing. And the thunder of each cloud that was covering. Each step over the rock-covered ground felt lighter as the leaves empathized with her and her trouble.

As I turned on the light, the creature's shadow projected larger. The light turned him a dark red brown and his details were clearer to me then. Such a simple creature with such complex features.The hairs on each of his legs were as fragile as he was.To think, we have the same creator brought things to light. His story is so different than mine. I didn't know of his travels, but I knew he was just alive as I was until I took that away from him.

She appeared to be a confident soul from Guatemala City, Guatemala, but her heart was in need of much repair. With a halfway bright countenance and smile, she moved forward. Having been raped as a small child, she still carried a large pile of rocks on her back. The difference for her when compared to others who suffered from something similar was that she could still see the light and hope that came only through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

3 comments:

  1. I liked the insight into the history of the lady from Guatemala. It added some depth to her that made this description mean a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the word creature and creator - it created an interesting relationship between yourself and the (assuming) spider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the second story depicts one of your previous sketches in a new way. This one is much more thorough, and using sharper adjectives to make the experience deeper. Honestly, I think I like this version of the Spider story even more.

    ReplyDelete