Thursday, November 7, 2019

Julie's Personal Essay Revisions

I will revise my essay in terms of content by demonstrating my theme more. Because I talk about the “snowstorm” of my parents’ divorce at the beginning of the essay, I could use later content to subtly convey a cycle of seasons as I progress to the summer of my own wedding. I will also revise my headings to better fit my established theme.
I plan to revise the form of my essay by rewording the character sketches of my parents so that they flow better with the seasons metaphor running throughout my essay. For example, I could use the sketches to describe how my parents are blooming now in spite of the winter of the divorce.

Finally, I will improve the visual design of my essay by consciously choosing images that play into my theme. I might use the season images as breaks between sections instead of headings. I will wrap an image around the first couple of paragraphs of my essay so that they’re less overwhelming to potential readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment