Monday, September 16, 2019

BOM as Literature

As I consider looking at the Book of Mormon as literature, I think of a few elements that are details that go into it. First, I think of the story lines, plots, and character that influence the story. The writers also play a huge role in the telling of the story. Something to remember is that some of the writers hadn't been formally educated to write well. I think the gift of tongues played a huge role in its arrangement and writing. With those things being said and having read the book as an English major and putting on a literary lens, I can recall that metaphor, symbolism and chiasmus are in the Book of Mormon.

For all these reasons and more I think it will be very helpful to read the Hardy edition further. I have already noticed some of these things in the reading we did and it will be helpful to read further.

No comments:

Post a Comment