Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Annotations

As I was annotating, I noticed specific patterns in how each writer introduces himself. They use similar words as they do that. I think that comes in with the abridgment Moroni did. They write with authority and ethos in that way.

With this pattern of the promises of the Lord when people are wicked and when they are righteous they have consequences. Something else that catches my eye is the reflection of each of the writers. How their mental patterns are. I think its interesting how one of the writers says he fought much to preserve his people but that he is a wicked man. This was curious to me because I think we think harshly of ourselves no matter how much good we do. I know I do that and I've had a problem with that lately. Seeings someone else doing that and recognizing that has really helped me see how that is evident within myself. I guess thats what literature helps us do. Notice patterns of thinking and refining them.

No comments:

Post a Comment