Sunday, September 8, 2019

Images Replace My Words


Growing up I've been told to keep journals, but for some reason I can connect with habitual writing. Nevertheless, I didn't let that discourage me from documenting my life. I love pictures and I truly believe each one is worth a thousand words. I begin to take and collect photos from where I've been, things that remind me of different lessons and opportunities that I've had a long the way. Each photo describes a different moment that floods my memory with it's corresponding journey. The only problem I find is that these moments are still indescribable. 

I can tell stories of things that happened in the past and I can remember details of specific locations, but having those pictures bring a whole new level of remembrance. As I look back at my performing tour in China this last summer, there were more spiritual moments than I give credit. As I look back through the album, I remember how lucky I am to be a part of an incredible organization, whether that be my team, my university, or my church. 

3 comments:

  1. I think that's a brilliant idea for documenting experiences and feelings. Sometimes I feel frustrated because it feels like I have no time to keep a journal in college, and there are experiences that I don't want to forget. It goes to show that there is more than one way to keep a journal. I'm glad you have found a way that you can record spiritual and memorable experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real world application of "A picture is worth 1,000 words." I too have an affinity to photos, but if I tried this, I most likely would stumble upon trying to perfect the art of a photo. Very cool that you have been able to use photography on a candid level, regardless of "art".

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is crazy how photographs can trigger emotions and memories much like songs can do the same thing. A lot of what we record is to help us remember the times we have lived through. Whether it is good or bad, its worth remembering and reflecting.

    ReplyDelete