Monday, September 23, 2019

Kendal's Personal Essay Ideas

As I think about what I might write my personal essay about, I find myself thinking about the moments that have shaped me as an individual. I have found that every time I go about writing about myself I go to a specific part of my life, my mission. I can vividly remember a lot of moments and events and here are some of my brainstorming ideas:


  • My experience about having a big role in the conversion of a stranger to the LDS faith. This was influential to me because this person died of liver cancer and I was there through it all. She taught me things that I could have never learned without that experience.
  • Something unique for me is that I am a professional photographer. I live a very different lifestyle in that I do not have a day job and my main focus is on this art form. The cultures and people I have come into contact with are not who I normally associate with, but with my talent and job, I have had very different experiences.
  • Lately I have struggled with self esteem issues although I am very confident in myself. I could expand upon that and explore it.
  • I could explore and expand upon what it was like living in a surf city.

1 comment:

  1. I like a lot of these. Writing about your mission is such a cool idea too. Missions are such a unique experience and as I think about some of the unique aspects of Mormon culture... Mormon missions are definitely unique AND they have an interesting culture of their own. I still think my mission has had such a strong impact on my life, even now, years later and I think about the people I got to meet there often. I think exploring that would be very cool.

    ReplyDelete