Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Jeremiah: Kendal's Response

This series was very entertaining, but also accurate in a fictional sense. It brings up a more modern Joseph Smith type of situation. I thought it was interesting because the story felt more personal because of it's modern nature. It all makes me wonder what it would be like to watch this series without having heard much in depth about the LDS faith. I probably wouldn't understand a lot of it, but may just be entertained by the plot and suspense just like any other thriller. I wonder if I would wonder at the origins of the plot or not. I wonder how or if this has been a tool used for missionary work in some way. Whatever may be the answer, I know that I enjoyed it and especially liked it because of the familiar places where the series was filmed. Being amongst the LDS community, I appreciated the funny references and connections made within the film. Those things caught my attention and kept me entertained. I can't help but make the connection that even though the film falls into the fiction category, there is still a personal nature to it. The fact that something like this could happen to any of us. Helped me reflect on maybe how I might've responded if what happened to Jeremiah happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment