Friday, December 13, 2019

Jer3miah Video Post

I thought the movie was really interesting in the fact that it used so many LDS references to create the entire plot and theme. To be honest, it was hard for me to watch because of some cringe acting and dialog, but I thought the overall production was decent - it reminded me of a final project or capstone for graduation. I didn't realize how odd the stories and beliefs can be and what it causes some people to do - listening to the voice of God. I find it interesting that my blog before this one I talked about recreating the book of Mormon and having Hollywood do it for dramatization. I think if the Book of Mormon, or LDS beliefs in general were depicted accurately, I'm not sure how well it would be accepted. This story of the 3 Nephites and their genealogy was an interesting take that i hadn't recognized before. I do agree with some of the point Professor Burton included in his analysis and it is very apparent in Jer3miah the interconnectedness of our beliefs, history, genealogy, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment