Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Kendal's Journal

Here's a paragraph from my own journal, followed by variations. 

Proud of my consistency of writing lately. I guess its a mode of survival during fall. Can't believe it's already September. I just finished my homework and I feel like I'm figuring out my schedule nicely. Feels good. I ran up a mountain today. Finally felt alive and was cured from my weird feelings of not feeling human. Loving my classes. My friends are great too. Feel like I'm doing well in all aspects of life and everything is set up for success. 

1. -proud of my consistency with writing
-can't believe its already September 
-ran up a mountain today
-classes and friends are good
-feeling good

2. Proud of my writing consistency and how I ran up a mountain today. Feeling alive and like everything is going to work out makes me feel like everything is set up for success.

3. Why do I have to write or run up mountains to feel okay? How is it already September? Why did I not feel human? 

4. Even though I didn't feel good, I got things in order and feel alive now.

5. Proud of my writing consistency today. I finished my homework and I feel like I am figuring out my schedule nicely. Feels good. I ran up a mountain today and it made me feel alive. Loving my classes. My friends are great too. Feel like I'm doing well in all aspects of life and everything is set up for success.

In reflection I can see the different ways of writing in a journal. Each gives a different feeling to conclude a day. It shows that we each have a choice as to how we do that. Journaling is an art form and I am just seeing that now and I like it. I like 3 and 5 best. The focus on positivity and then the questioning brings up reflection.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the fourth one that was just one sentence was really interesting and powerful. It was cool to see you summarize the whole paragraph to just a couple of words.

    ReplyDelete